Textiles in the Landscape







For the landscape, I wanted to make whimsical mushrooms that remind me of my childhood and place them around in an area where they would spring up. I used to run around and find mushrooms, that I found magical. I made them colorful to reflect this.
 Presentation of Ideas

Mount Athos



Mount Athos is a special place. It is inhabited by Orthodox Christian monks (only men) and has been for centuries. It is largely untouched by modern culture.


Grand Prismatic Spring



The hot spring is taller than a 10 story building, bigger than a football field, and so vividly colored because of thermophile bacteria in the water.


Meredith Woolnough


Meredith is inspiring because she is excellent at capturing nature through her embroidery.



Joana Vasconcelos



Joana's work is very bold and colorful, as well as expressive.



Sketches





Comments

Popular Posts